If you are interested in competing for the title of MISS MINNESOTA or MISS MINNESOTA OUTSTANDING TEEN in the next Miss Minnesota Scholarship Pageant, be sure to check the eligibility requirements below. Good luck! Information courtesy of Miss Minnesota Organization.
Eligibility Requirements for Miss Outstanding Teen and Miss Local Contests
- At least 17 years old for the Miss program or between the ages of 13 & 16 for the Outstanding Teen program at the time of the local pageant (See statement below by the Miss America Organization)
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- No more than 25 years old on December 30th of the year of the Miss America national finals
- High school graduate or successfully completed G.E.D. by State Pageant date
- Female, never married, and have never had any children
- Meet residency requirements for competing in your first local pageant as noted below
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America Organization: www.missamerica.org
- Be able to meet the time commitment responsibilities as set forth by the local or state program in which you compete.
Age Eligibility for Local & State Competitions:
The Miss America Organization’s contestant age eligibility requirements are based on a calendar year, not a pageant cycle, and remains unchanged. In order to be eligible to compete in a local or state competition, a contestant cannot be older than twenty-four (24) years of age on December 31st the year she could be chosen to represent her state in the National Finals.
In order to meet age eligibility requirements to compete in local competitions for the State Competition, a contestant must be at least 17 years of age and her birth year can be no earlier than 1994.”
Contestants must have residency for 6 months prior to competing in their first local pageant. Residency is defined as the primary address where you physically live. Verification of residency includes a driver license, automobile registration, property mortgage or lease in your name, tax filings, etc.
Areas of Competition for Miss Morris Area/Miss Midwest Competition:
- Talent 40%
- Private Interview 25%
- Evening Wear/Social Impact 20%
- On-stage Interview 15%
Children's Miracle Network:
Each contestant must raise a minimum of $100 for the "Children's Miracle Network" (CMN) to compete in a Miss Minnesota local pageant. If you compete in more than one local pageant, you must raise a minimum of $100 for each local pageant you enter up to a total of $400. Once you have raised a total of $400, you are not required to raise more money and can enter as many local pageants for which you qualify in the current pageant year. However, the $400 is just a minimum; you may raise more money for CMN if you wish to do so.To administer the CMN fundraising, each contestant must do the following:
- Create your personal web page on the CMN web site at this link:
- Raise the required funds for CMN.
- Print out proof of money raised to bring with you to the local pageant. If you are personally donating to CMN by check, please make the check out to CMN.
If you are interested in receiving more information about becoming a
contestant in the Miss America system, please contact us at [email protected]